Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Little Inspiration: Power of Passion

 I saw this link off of one of our friends website & for some reason I clicked. Normally I don't click on links, but I was curious what is was all about. I fell in love with the story. I am not sure if it was because years ago, when I was studying Horticulture in college,  I did an internship in Nauvoo, Illinois.  During my 4 month stay there, I had several old men teach all of us "flower girls" as they called us to play the harmonica.  It took us a while, but by the end of the summer we could play an hymn or 2. I kept playing once I got back, but have since stopped.  That was years ago.  In fact, I don't even own a harmonica anymore, but now I kind of want to go buy one. It started a spark again. I might have to track one down, buy it, & dig out all my old harmonica books. (Well all 2 of them). 


      The other thing I love is he would told he would die, so he decided to quit spending money on  medicine that was supposed to make him "live" longer & use the money to do what he really loved & was passionate about.  Something he always wanted to do.   He followed his passion & 11 years later (without all the monthly medications), he is still going strong. He is living his passion & much longer than anyone else imagined he would. I think that is awesome. So I couldn't help but share.  





Thanks Miss Tracy for the inspiration today & the power of doing what you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment