Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Off the beaten path

        Yesterday the boys asked if we could head to the mountains. So we agreed that if they got their chores for the day done, then we would. Well they worked hard & fast. So yesterday we spent a wonderful evening chilling just off of this beaten path.



               It was such a beautiful evening. The perfect temperature, & absolutely beautiful. It has been a few years since I have been up in this canyon.  We loved it. The boys played hard:







                                     
                                           While my baby watched from his car  seat.







                                          Then the boys had dad take them on a little hike . . .


Once again, the baby & I chilled. 

                                                               And kept the fire going.



  Me & the babe, hanging out back at camp.  We enjoyed the scenery & sounds of the great outdoors, while the boys were gone.
 

        I know that this tree is random ,but I love the you can see it's gnarled roots.

                                                                  A little bit later, they returned.


 
             Not really sure why this little boy, headed up the mountain without shoes, but whatever his reason may be; it look like it made the hike for him a lot easier.  


                   Then we sat around the campfire eating our campfire cooked hot dogs & later roasting marshmallows.



                    We roasted marshmallows, played a bit, more & headed home. It was such a nice break & change of pace.   I think we will start doing it a lot more.












2 comments:

  1. Just reading this post makes me happy! :) My favorite days are the ones we spend "off the beaten path". Love your pic of the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany!

    I love the pictures, and I love that canyon! So fun to mix things up a bit - life can get very mundane doing the same thing day in and day out! Your boys are so adorable . . . I loved the bare feet, I hate shoes!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete