Monday, April 1, 2013

Month Menu for April

 I am going to try something different this month. We will see how it goes. Instead of doing my normal Menu Monday, I decided for to plan out my entire month of April menu. (Right now this excludes lunches, I will work on that one later this week, because as most of you know I cook lunch as well).
      I am also going to try to do 75% of my shopping at the 1st of this month. We drink about 6-8 gallons of milk a week, so fresh produce & milk I am going to buy at the 1st of each week. I just don't have freezer space for that much milk right now.

For breakfast we will just rotate between these ideas throughout the month.

Breakfasts: 

  •   Oatmeal
  • Waffles
  • Rancho juevos
  • Muffins/Fruit
  • Bacon & Eggs
  • Bagels
  • Sticky Rolls
  • Cream egg on Toast
  • French Toast
  • Biscuits & gravy
  • Pancakes
MEAL PLAN FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL
1.Steak & Baked Potato
2 Turkey Noodle Soup
3 Carnitas
4 Spaghetti & Breadsticks
5 Pork Enchiladas
6 Blue Chicken
7 Ham & Mashed Potatoes
8 Italian Chicken
9 Ham & Bean Soup
10 Pasta Primavera
11 Pizza
12 Mexican Chicken Casserole
13 Out of Town (Baptism)
14 Roast & Potatoes
15 Crockpot Orange Chicken
16 Santa Fe Pork Packets
17 Parmesean Tilipia
18 Enchilada Pie
19 Porcupine Meatballs
20 Beef & Broccoli
21 Out of Town ( Baby Blessing)
22 Chicken Cordon Bleu
23 Little meatloaves
24 Alfredo
25 Navajo Tacos
26 Pork Chops w/ maple glaze
27 Hawaiian Haystacks
28 Beef Noodles
29 Crockpot Captain Chicken 
30 Potato, Rice, Hamburger, Carrot Casserole


So there you have it. Aprils Menu. I know that almost everything is different & for shopping some of you may think that it means buying a whole lot of different ingredients. But if you look closer. One week we may have Mexican Chicken Casserole, the next week it is Enchilada pie. The main ingredients are almost identical, the sauce & meat are about the only thing that changes. The same for the different pasta  we will eat. One week it will be spaghetti the next week it is Beef noodles. Also  if you see anything you are curious about, or interested in a recipe let me know & I can get one to you!

So there you have it. Now I just need to figure out when to go shopping.  I am hoping that less trips to the store mean more money saved. I will let you know how it goes.

So what are you eating this month? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed!! 6-8 gallons of milk a week?! WOW! We drink 8 gallons a month! You are growing some strong boys there. :) I've REALLY enjoyed my monthly shopping trips. It has been so nice not to have to worry about going to the store each week for a big shopping trip! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. You have inspired me. I think the amount of milk we drink is crazy ridiculous. But my hubby alone can drink 1/2 gallon at dinner if I let him. I have teased my boys that by the time they are teenagers, we will just have to buy cows & then can milk them, because it will be cheaper than actually buying milk. : ) It am glad to know you have enjoyed your shopping trips. I am going to try your idea of just buying the big cans for fruit instead of the little ones & see how that goes. Are you still seeing $$ saved & your food storage increase, the more you do it? That is one of the reason I really want to try it. My food storage seems to get smaller every month instead of larger. So we will see. Thanks again for commenting & stopping by. I love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete