So how did it go? It went fairly well, but as always there is room for some improvement.
Goal #1. Was to take better care of myself.
I took a little more time for myself, I sewed more. I watched more carefully what I was eating & tried to move a little more. I tried to enjoy time more. I tried to say no on things instead of stretching myself to thin.
Goal #2, Was to try to be better of , "Make it up, wear it out, make it do or go without." To heart this month
Here are some frugal things I did this month:
- Made Cookies, instead of bought them.
- Fixed the zipper on one sleeping bag & patched holes in another.
- Vacuumed out my car at home instead of a car wash.
- Made Bread.
- Stayed home from 2 different trips, & had my husband go alone, instead of taking the whole family. This was hard to do, because I really wanted to go, but I knew if we all went more $$ would have been spent.
- Touched up paint & patched some whole in walls myself
- Worked on making a quilt with material I already had on hand.
- I put 5 items back on almost every trip at the store. (I learned this trick awhile ago, but haven't used it for awhile.) Right before going up to the checkout. I would go through my cart & choose 5 items to put away. Usually they were impulse buys on things I wanted or didn't need. I would say this saved me an average of $10-20 dollars each trip.
- Rented movies on Netflix for free with the promo codes Breakroom & DVDONME. They go buy credit card, so I could use the same codes different times with a different bank accounts.
- Bought new long T-shirt & tank tops at a local thrift shop (same brand name) instead of the department store.
- When we did eat out we split an adult entree into thirds & bagged getting my kids each a separate kiddie meal.
- Butchered our pigs & filled our freezer with pork.
- I stopped my garbage service for the few weeks I wasn't in town.
- I have have been reading these 2 blogs a lot. The Prudent Homemaker & Blissful & Domestic. Trying to get more ideas on how to be more frugal.
So there are some ideas. The more I thought about this & studied it the more I want to learn more about frugality.
As for Goal #3 of learning more Spanish.
I have been studying the Book of Mormon in Spanish & practicing more vocab.
After a month of this I am understanding more. Not everything just more. However I still really struggle when it comes to forming the words into my head of what I need to relate to the herders. So this one I will just have to keep at it.
So there you have it. My follow-up on March. How did your March goals go?