Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

  The other day I was  craving a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I didn't want to run to the store, when I remembered I have an homemade version of  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from my Aunt Sheryl. So we dug it out & made them.  I usually make a 1/2 batch, instead of a full batch, because it makes a lot. I forgot that & made a whole batch, it was tons. Either way they are delicious. 


Here is what you need.:



Home Made Peanut Butter Cups

   1 c. butter
   1 tsp. Vanilla
   2  Cups peanut butter
   A Dash of Milk &  3 cups powdered Sugar

 Melt & mix the butter, vanilla, peanut butter & dash of milk.  Until it looks about like this: 


Then add your 3 cups of Powdered sugar. Mix well. 

It looks kind of like this. I then let it cool, so I can handle it better. 

Roll into balls, or whatever shaped desired. Place on Wax paper & Let cool completely. 
Melt some chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet) or you could used dipping chocolate. If you use chocolate chips add a Tablespoon or so of Shortening. I melted mine over  a double boiler on the stove. But you could use your microwave. I just don't own one. Then dip & roll your peanut butter in your chocolate. Place back on the wax paper & let cool & the chocolate harden. 

Now eat & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment