Thursday, December 1, 2011

Spinach Salad

I made this for Thanksgiving & it was a hit. When you first hear the ingredients that go into it you can't help but wonder. Your first bite. Your hooked. Now, I can't claim this as my own, because I got it from my friend Jodie & I am not quite sure where she got it. But it is a keeper. After tasting it, my sister asked for the recipe, so I thought I would share with everyone. 

                           
  

           (Not my greatest picture, I cropped it out of the Thanksgiving one. Next time I make it, I will try to take a picture that is more appealing).



Spinach Salad


½ C. Slivered Almonds & 3T. Sugar
1 Head Lettuce
1 bag Spinach
¾ lb. Grated Swiss Cheese
1 red onion
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
½ lb. Bacon, cooked & crumbled
¾ lb. Fresh sliced mushrooms


*Cook sugar and almonds with some butter all together until light brown. Mix together lettuce, spinach, cheese, and
chopped onion. Add oranges and almonds before serving. Add bacon and mushrooms and toss.


Poppy Seed Dressing:
1T. poppy seeds
1/3 Cup Vinegar
¾ Cup Oil
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/8 Cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp. dry mustard
¾ tsp. salt


*Shake well in quart jar. Let chill in fridge.


Don't mix the dressing & salad, just put it on as you eat. Just as you would with most green salad. It doesn't take a lot of dressing.  


It is delicious. Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. This recipe actually sounds yummy! I've looked at several of your posts and love your boys (especially the freckles)! I have 6 sons and think boys are terrific!


    Visiting from voiceBoks
    Thanks, your newest follower, Becky Jane
    http://riseaboveyourlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete