Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Homemade Tortilla Strips

Last night I was making dinner & on the menu was  Santa Fe chicken. After sampling it, I wanted some tortilla chips to go with it. We normally we have some on hand, but last night we were out. I remembered months ago I tried making some & they were good, so I quickly made some.





 Homemade tortilla chips

Ingredients:
Corn tortilla shells
Oil (I used canola, because that is what I had on hand)
Salt.

Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.

Take your corn shell & brush oil on both sides of them. I stack mine one on top of another. Once all the oil is brushed on, I cut mine into strips.






Once you have cut them to the size & shape you want. Lay them out on a cookie sheet & salt them.





Then put then into the oven to bake. I bake mine 15-20 minutes depending on how hot it is. I turn them over with a spatula about halfway through the time they need to cook.
When they are as golden as you want pull them out & let them cool. I taste one ( and usually burn my tongue :0). sometimes I add a little more salt. Or any other seasonings you enjoy.





Once they are cooled eat & enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment