Monday, June 11, 2012

Menu Monday

This Week's Menu     
   Well yesterday I made a pot roast for dinner. It was yummy. I got the recipe from Pioneer Woman here. Normally my Sunday roast are a little dry, this one melted in your mouth. So give it a try. This week my hubby is gone again (2 week in a row). We saw him for a couple of days & he is gone again. I can't wait for him to be done traveling. So normally when he is gone we eat like Peanut Butter Sandwiches or scrambled eggs for dinner.  This week, I will attempt to cook. : )

Monday:
        B- Waffles
         D- Beef n' Broccoli  (Here is the recipe in cased you missed it last time.)


Recipe for Beef & Broccoli
     Cut up your choice of beef & marinate in sauce for 30 minutes  or a day before. (Keep in mind of I have not marinated the meat & just made it up & cooked it immediately & it was still delicious. )
   Sauce
    4 T. Soy Sauce                                     1 tsp. Garlic
    4 T. White Sugar                                    2 green onions cut up
    2 T. Oil                                                  1 T. Sesame Seeds

Mix everything together but the sesame seeds & add meat. Let marinade if you can, if not dump into to a pan & begin to cook until meet is almost done. Add as much broccoli as you desire & cook until done. Add sesame seeds just before serving.  Serve over rice.


We usually double the sauce recipe because we love it so much. I can't give exact amounts because at this house my boys love cooked broccoli so usually I  can't put enough in.  It is yummy, quick & I almost never make enough. Oh yeah & I never have sesame seeds at our house, so I have actually never made it with them in it.

Tuesday: 
         B- Strawberries & Milk
         D-Chicken Parmesan from Chow

Wednesday:  
          B-Cold Cereal
          D- Tacos
 
Thursday:
      B-     Cream of Wheat/Oatmeal
       D -  Chicken Rice Casserole

Friday: 
  B- Sausage & Eggs
  D- New York Style Chopped Salad from the Pioneer Woman

Saturday: 
        B. Cream Egg Toast
        D. Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin from my friend Barb
Sunday:  
        B- Pancakes    
        D -Roast & Potatoes. Maybe I will make that pot roast again.

Baking:  Homemade Wheat Bread 


As always I am linking up to Organizing Junkie



This Week's TO DO

  • Survive without my hubby! : )
  • Weed Flower Beds
  •  Doctor Appointment
  • Dentist Appointments
  • My Favorite Quilt Club!
  • Finish Slippers I am working on
  • Finish Appliqueing my pink/red Quilt
  • Our pigs should have babies hopefully by the end of the week! Yea!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany!

    I always love to look at you menus and get some ideas! Your slippers are adorable, I'd love a copy of the pattern... :0) As always, the pictures of the kids are so cute!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete