Monday, May 7, 2012

Menu Monday

This Week's Menu     
   I have been so lucky after having this baby a little over a week or so ago for so many people helping me. I haven't had to cook a meal in about 12 days.  It has been nice & refreshing. I think every momma needs week or so off from cooking to help them take a break.  But we are getting ready to jump back into the full swing of life. So here we go with this weeks menu.

Monday:
        B- Scrambled Eggs ,
         D- Beef n' Broccoli

Recipe for Beef & Broccoli
     Cut up your choice of beef & marinate in sauce for 30 minutes  or a day before. (Keep in mind of I have not marinated the meat & just made it up & cooked it immediately & it was still delicious. )
   Sauce
    4 T. Soy Sauce                                     1 tsp. Garlic
    4 T. White Sugar                                    2 green onions cut up
    2 T. Oil                                                  1 T. Sesame Seeds

Mix everything together but the sesame seeds & add meat. Let marinade if you can, if not dump into to a pan & begin to cook until meet is almost done. Add as much broccoli as you desire & cook until done. Add sesame seeds just before serving.  Serve over rice.


We usually double the sauce recipe because we love it so much. I can't give exact amounts because at this house my boys love cooked broccoli so usually I  can't put enough in.  It is yummy, quick & I almost never make enough. Oh yeah & I never have sesame seeds at our house, so I have actually never made it with them in it.

Tuesday: 
         B- Whole Wheat Pancakes
         D- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie w/ steamed Asparagus

Wednesday:  
          B- Cream Egg on Toast,
          D- Someone is bringing me dinner again. No cooking today! : ) 
 
Thursday:
      B-     Cream of Wheat/Oatmeal
       D -  Pork Roast w/ Mashed Potoatoes


Friday: 
  B- Biscuits & Gravy
  D- Teriyaki Chicken


Saturday: 
        B.  French Toast
        D.  Steak & Potato

Sunday:  
        B- Pancakes    
        D -Since it's Mother's Day  I will let my boys decide & cook dinner.

Baking:  Homemade Wheat Bread 



As always I am linking up to Organizing Junkie




This Week's TO DO

  • Take our new Little Coyotes Pictures (Our Nickname for our new baby)
  • Finish & Return Paperwork
  • Make & Go to Doctor Appointments
  • Clean Office
  • Finish & Send out Thank you. 
  • Be Present in everything I do! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going to try your beef broccoli recipe. My boys are the same way! My oldest cried one day when the broccoli was gone. Literally cried! That's great you are getting so much help. Enjoy that little baby. They don't stay newbies for long!

    ReplyDelete